Writing Mayoral Letters
The Mayor receives many hundreds of letters a year. The people who write these letters often know the mayor personally, or feel a strong connection with this important local identity.
Council officers preparing the draft reply on the mayor’s behalf are often confused about what to include and what to leave out. It is also hard to explain things clearly and diplomatically.
This course will give you a clear idea of what a mayoral reply is; how to write one and how to get it signed with the fewest rewrites.
Learn These Things
- How to begin and end the letter.
- What to include and what to leave out.
- How to cut down the rewrites.
- How to write with political sensitivity.
- How to write a one page report to the mayor about the letter
and a lot more.